Department of Zoology
Why study Zoology?
- First and fore most we belong to the world of animals.
- Basic science in Zoology leading to the study of Invertebrates, Chordates, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Evolution, Animal Behavior, Microbiology and Immunology etc.,
- Students who study zoology learn a diversity of topics, ranging from the structure and function of the cells that make up animals, through anatomy and physiology, reproduction and development, evolution and behavior.
- This programme meet the needs of the society as Teachers, Researchers in Institutes and Biotech Companies, Biological Data Analysts, Wildlife biologists, Zoo-keepers, Entrepreneurs, Curators of natural history museums, Lab technicians, Water quality analysts.
- Impart quality life science education through zoological and computational skills related to societal, environmental and ethical issues.
- To empower students with teaching and research skills in life sciences.