Department of Economics
- Parallel B.A. Economics classes in Tamil and English as medium of instruction
- Courses that develop core competencies in Economics aptly supported by quantitative and computer skills
- Learning-by-doing opportunities, rural camps, field and industrial visits
- Access to online journals and databases to promote active research
- Career-oriented undergraduate and postgraduate programmes
Year of Introduction: 1951
Mission of the Department
To emerge as a learning centre that imparts liberal education in Economics synchronizing human, financial and technological resources on par with international standards for the betterment of society.
To impart life-oriented education in Economics for holistic development of students.