Grants and Projects received
- Ms. Kusum Mary George - Malcolm & Elizabeth Adiseshiah Trust – Research Study on “Child Labour & its effects on Mental Health” - Awarded in 2006 – 07
- Dr. Roopa Ravikumar - Research grant for “Pilot survey on long term care facilities in Madurai” – Department of Health Studies & Gerontology, University of Waterloo - Awarded in 2007
- Ms. Anita Tiphagne - UBCHEA grant – “Learning Social Action through Theatre” – Awarded in 2008 09
Dr. Caroline Nesabai
- “Marital Violence” Women and Society, A reader in Women Studies , Ed., Nirmala Jeyaraj, 2001
- “Protestant Mission and Women’s Education in Tamilnadu. Glimpses of Tamilnadu History, Eds., Chandrababu et al., School of Historical Studies, Madurai Kamaraj University, 2004
- “Protestant Missions and Higher Education among Women in Tamil Nadu. 1890 to 1920” Christianity in South India, Ed.Dr. J. Alasiar, , Annie Joseph Publishing House., Trituapuram, 2006.
- Human Rights of Women and its Violations. Human Rights and Higher Education, Eds, Lily Balasingh, Briget Mary and Jesudason Jeyaraj, Lady Doak College, 2008.
Dr.Synthia Mary Mathew
- “Gender Roles:emerging Trends and Impications”. Women and Society, A reader in Women Studies , Ed., Nirmala Jeyaraj, 2001
- “An Understanding of the Research Environment “in MASS NEWS, Journal of Department of Sociology, madurai Kamaraj University, madurai,1993.
- “Role of a teacher in Higher Education” in the proceedings of the Consultation on Higher Education- Vision and Mission for Twenty-first Century, Ed., Nirmala Jeyaraj, Lady Doak College, 1998
- “Gender Violence in Society: Reflections today, Renaissance Tomorrow”- Women and Society, A reader in Women Studies , Ed., Nirmala Jeyaraj, 2001
- “Hope in a hopeless world ”, FOCUS (publication of the postal department) , January 2003.
- “Social factors for Fertility Decline in Andhra Pradesh – A case study Approach “ , Perspectives in Education – Vo.19, No.4, 2003.
- “Women Scientists in India: A Socio-Economic Survey”. Contemporary Social Research On Indian Women: Recent Empirical Studies, Jaipur: Rawat Publications , 2006
- “ Rights of The Elderly- an Overview” Human Rights and Higher Education, Eds, lily Balasingh, Briget Mary and Jesudason Jeyaraj, Lady Doak College, 2008.
- Member, Editorial Committee – Research Methodology Text Book , ed., Dr. Nirmala Jeyaraj, Lady Doak College, 2008
Ms. Jeyarani Vijayakumar
- “Women’s Rights are Human Rights” - “Human Rights and Higher Education” Eds. Lily Balasingh et al, Lady Doak College, Madurai
Ms. Anita Tiphagne
- “Critical Pedagogy for Social Work educators” - Proceedings of National Workshop and Conference on ‘Quality Enhancement of Social Work Professions in India- Issue and Challenges” - Ed: Dr.Ilango,Bharathidasan University, Thiruchirapalli
Manuals/ Documentaries prepared in the Department
- How to write a Dissertation – Dr. Roopa Ravikumar, 2006.
- Teachers Nurture Dreams- A Handbook for Teachers. Dr. Synthia Mary Mathew , Kusum Mary George and Alice Sherin Samuel, 2008.
- Documentary – Ahead of Us - Dr. Roopa Ravikumar , 2008.