PG Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (PGDCP) (Since 2008)
- An opportunity to understand oneself and others better
- A one year PG Diploma programme Lend a helping hand to those in need????
- Psychological Testing
- Training by experts
- Practical exposure
- One month Residential programme at nugraha (An Institute for Counselling & Psychotherapy), Dindigul
The Department of Social Sciences has always offered innovative courses based on the demand of the students as well as the need of the society. One such innovative programme was the introduction of a Certificate Programme in “Basic Skills of Counseling” for a semester from the year 2007 for the outgoing Undergraduate and Post graduate students.
However taking in to consideration the need of the hour, the department has taken a further step by offering an extensive post graduate diploma in counseling and psychotherapy from the year 2011. This course is a one year reflective, professional and career oriented Diploma programme which aims at providing students with Counselling skills, equipping them as good counselors and Social Entrepreneurs.
The course includes both theoretical and intensive practical exposures in the field of “Psychological testing” and a one month field work training on the basic skills of counselling in a reputed institute of counseling, psychotherapy and research.
- Introduction to Counseling
- Approaches to Counseling
- Counseling techniques and psychotherapy
- Counseling in various settings
- Psychological testing
- Field work training at ANUGRAHA [An institute for counseling, psychotherapy and research]
- 55% pass in any under graduate programme
No of seats
- Exclusive residential training on counseling skills for one month in Anugraha, Dindigul [An institution for Research, Counseling and Psychotherapy]
- Training in various psychological tests-[Personality, Intelligence, motivation etc]
- Training by experts
- Case study analysis and group discussions
Trained counselors can opt to work in various job profiles available in India such as marriage counseling agencies, schools and colleges, old age homes, counseling centres, welfare departments of governments or be self employed.