Part I French is offered at two levels
Requisite: Students who have completed a minimum of 2 years of formal education of French can join the French Part I higher level course which is offered in the I (Science and Humanities) and II year (Humanities).
- Study of extracts from French Poetry, Drama, Novel and excerpts from authentic documents on history and civilization.
- Training in composition writing, letter writing, poetry writing and dialogue writing.
- Study of Spoken French in the basic level.
A Basic level course in French (French for Beginners) – is offered to the I and II year students of the UG programme.
- Study of Grammar
- Simple conversations in French
- Classroom activities for writing and speaking.
- Usage of audio-visual aids
Non Major Electives
Requisite: Students who do not have any knowledge of French and who have 65% in Plus Two English can take French as a non major elective.
- Emphasis is laid on spoken French.
- Classroom activities like role play and quiz.
Special Points of Interest / Special Features:
On the spot studies: Catering colleges for French Cuisine- Demonstration and Theory classes.