M.Sc., Nanoscience (UGC INNOVATIVE PROGRAMME) by the DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
The Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) department together with the Life Science (Botany Zoology and Biotechnology) departments offers M.Sc., Nanoscience Programme supported by the UGC under the Innovative Programme Scheme – UGC XI plan, incorporating Teaching and Research in an Interdisciplinary and Emerging Area from the academic year 2011 – 2012 onwards. The course opens up new employment and research opportunities in this emerging field.
The general objective of the programme is to enable the students to experience an integrated scientific approach to the world of nanoscience. The specific objectives of the programme are to enable the students to
- Undertake the conceptual study of all branches of science related to Nanoscience.
- Comprehend the physic-chemical methods of synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials.
- Appreciate the role and importance of nanoparticles in biological system.
- Develop necessary skills in the techniques related to preparation, characterization and applications of nanomaterials.
- Develop a research aptitude in the field of nanoscience.
Women candidates with B.Sc.Physics / Chemistry / Botany / Zoology / Biotechnology are eligible.