- Mandatory research project for all final year UG Students and they are encouraged to use the equipment facilities of the department.
- Encourage quality research activities by allowing PG students to choose their area of interest according to which guides are allotted at end of first year.
- Unlimited literary search available through the department library which is kept open on non-working days and government holidays.
- Summer Trainings for both UG and PG students arranged in reputed Biotech Companies & research institutions.
- Frequent seminars & conferences arranged inside the campus to foster interaction between students and experts.
- Students are encouraged to attend national and international conferences nationwide to provide job opportunities in the future.
- Minimum of two workshops provided by the department per year to provide a platform for the students to learn the recent trends in biotechnology.
- To enhance knowledge base and facilitate basic research in modern biotechnology
- To create highly skilled manpower in biotechnology
- To endeavor to achieve capabilities in product processes development
- To create awareness on conservation of Environment and Biodiversity, Biosafety and Ethical Issues & Biotechnology related policy issues.
- To advance biotechnology education and research for the benefit of society
- To forge partnership with private and public sectors