Officers of the Student Union
- Presides over all meetings of the College Union and the Executive Committee.
- Conducts the affairs of the Union in accordance with the purpose defined in the Constitution.
- Carries out all the duties of the President in her absence.
- Assists the President in conducting the affairs of the Union.
- Posts notices about meetings of the Union and the Committees as directed by the President.
- Prepares and presents the agenda for all meetings to the President.
- Arranges meetings of the Union and of the Committees.
- Records and presents the minutes of the meetings of the Union and the Executive Committee.
- Presents the annual report of the activities of the Union for the College Magazine.
To further and regulate the common life of students
- The Treasurer shall draw from the College Union funds entrusted to the Bursar such amounts as are sanctioned by the Union executive Committee for the various programmes and activities of the College Union.
- The College Union account shall be a joint account operated by the Student Union Treasurer and the Dean of Student Services.
- She shall be responsible for maintaining a detailed account of such amounts, in accordance with the rules of auditing.
- She shall be responsible for presenting the accounts of all branches of the Union to the Bursar of the College.
The PG Representative
- She shall assist the President in conducting the affairs of the Union.
No office bearer of the College Union shall be eligible for any other office either in the union or its various branches, departments & hostels.
Election of the Officers of the Student Union
|Offices||Class from which officers are elected|
|President, Treasurer, Games Captain, SCM President||:||III UG(Aided)|
|SF UF Representative||:||III UG (Self-Financed)|
|Vice-President, secretary, Games Vice-Captain||:||II UG (Aided)|
|SF Vice-President, SF Secretary, SF Games Vice-Captain||:||II UG (Self-Financed)|
|JCAR Chairperson||:||III UG (Residents)|
|JCAR Vice Chairperson||:||II UG (Residents)|
|PG Representative||:||II PG (Aided)|
|SF PG Representative||:||II PG (Self-Financed)|
|Hostel PG Representative||:||II PG (Residents)|
- Only students who have been in the college for at least two semesters shall be eligible to stand for or vote at these elections.
- The President, the Vice-President and the Secretary shall be elected in February for the succeeding academic year.
- The Games Captain, the Games Vice-Captain, the PG Representative and the SCM President shall also be elected in February for the succeeding academic year. (with effect from the academic year 2006-2007).
- The SF Vice-President, the SF Secretary, the SF Games Vice-Captain and the SF PG Representative shall also be elected in February for the succeeding academic year. (with effect from the academic year 2006-2007).
Method of Election
The nomination of the President, the Vice-President, the SF Vice-President, the Secretary, the SF Secretary of the Union, the Games Captain, the Games Vice-Captain, the SF Games Vice-Captain, the PG Representative and the SF PG Representative shall be by secret ballot and the elections by e-voting. There shall be at least one week’s interval between the posting of the nominations and the elections. The nominees should have no arrears in any subject in the previous semesters, and they must have secured a minimum mark of 50% for Humanities and 60% for Sciences under Part III. They should have completed all courses in the first attempt itself and should not have applied for condonation in any semester.
OFFICERS OF THE STUDENT UNION- 2016-2017
|President||:||Esther Princess M. III B.Com.|
|Vice-President||:||Nivetha J. III B.A. English (SF)|
Nancy A. II B.A. Psychology & Sociology
Priya G. II B.A. Economics
|Joint Secretaries(Self Financed)||:||
Aishwarya S. II B.A. English (SF)
Shivani Verma R. II B.Com. (Corporate Secretaryship)
|Treasurer||:||Matangi M. III B.Sc. Physics(SF)|
|Games Captain||:||Swathi V. III B.Sc. Chemistry|
|Games Vice-Captain||:||Rajeswari D. II B.Com.|
|SCM President||:||Kavia A.J. III B.Sc. Physics|
|PG Representative (Aided)||:||Nikisha S. II M.Sc. Mathematics|
|PG Representative (Self-Finance)||:||Nachammai S.|
|JCAR Chairperson||:||Raja Soundharya J.R. III B.Com.(Professional Accounting)|
|JCAR Vice Chairperson||:||Siva Sangavi R. II B.A. Psychology & Sociology|
|Hostel PG Representative||:||Mariya Tiffani X. II M.S.W|