Department of French
French- the Global Language
- More than 220 million people speak French in the five continents. French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world.
- The ability to speak French and English is an advantage on the international job market. Knowledge of French opens the doors of French companies in France and other French-speaking parts of the world (Canada, Switzerland, Belgium and Africa).
- French is the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre, the visual arts and architecture. Knowledge of French offers access to great works of French literature.
- France is the world's top tourist destination and attracts more than 79. 5 million visitors a year. The ability to speak even a little French makes a visit to Paris and all the regions of France a very enjoyable experience.
- To bring awareness among our students about the advantages of learning and speaking in French.
- To motivate the students to make use of the openings of study opportunities at renowned French universities and business schools ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world.
- To enhance French speaking skills to enable job placement in multinational companies.